Last Updated on 13th September 2019
Kids: Remember to be smart and safe online! Never give someone your information without first asking your parent/guardian if it is OK. Don't give anyone your photo, or tell anyone your name, email, home address, telephone, your school or any other information about you that they could use to contact you either online or in the real world.
If you want to enter one of our competitions, make sure you ask permission from your parent/guardian before you enter
Parents: We are committed to the safety and privacy of the children who use our Services. We encourage parents/guardians to actively monitor their children's online activities. See more information below about children's privacy and our Child Safe Apps.
1. What Information Do We Collect?
1.1 Information You Give To Us
We receive and store any information you give to us, such as when you:
• Download, update and use our apps;
• Interact with us via social media such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Reddit and Discord;
• Enter information on our Website;
• Subscribe to our/our partners newsletters, channels or other information feeds;
• Request technical support, make a compliment or complaint, or otherwise contact us directly; or
• Give us your information in another way.
1.2 Information From Third Parties
Sometimes we collect information about you from third parties, such as Apple, Amazon, Facebook, or Google. We collect this information so that we can deliver Services you have requested. We collect this information:
• When you purchase our Services via the App Store, Google Play Store, or other Storefront;
• If you log into our Services through a social media account (such as Facebook) we will collect your basic profile information such as your name, current profile picture, age-range, and your friend list, this lets you interact with your friends who are also using our Services; and
• When you use in-app features such Game Center we will collect information such as your user name and your gameplay information.
2. How Do We Use Your Information?
How we use your personal data
• So you can use our apps
Enjoyable apps are a complex business. We work with vendors and partners who give us the technical abilities that let you use and enjoy our apps, and to run the business that supports those apps.
• For product support, development and improvement
We use personal data to provide customer support, to improve our apps, and to develop new apps. We use personal data for use-testing as well as customer and market insight.
• To market our products to you
We use personal data to market our apps to you such as by email, social media, push-notifications and other methods
• To perform our own analytics
We perform analytics on personal data we hold for business analysis and operations, business intelligence, product development and improvement, personalizing content, providing advertising, and making recommendations. We also use anonymised personal data to inform surveys we conduct on the app
2.1 When Do We Disclose Information
We may disclose the personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
• If we are required or authorised to disclose by law or by a law enforcement agency;
• To our business partners in the course of providing our Services to you, or generally in the conduct of our business. This may include organisations who provide services to us, such as advertising, payment processors or hosting services. Please see below for more information about third party services; and
• To avoid, lessen or prevent a serious emergency or crime. If we use or disclose personal information about you in those circumstances we will make a written record of such use or disclosure.
2.2 Childrens' Privacy
Child Safe Apps
We do not knowingly contact or collect information from children under 13 without the permission of their parent/guardians. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental/guardian consent or delete the information.
2.3 Third Party Services
We encourage you to be careful about the protection of your own personal information when using third party services such as social media platforms.
2.4 Marketing, In-app Purchases & Opting-Out
2.4.1 Direct Marketing
Sometimes we will use your information to tell you about our Services and our news, such as new apps we are launching, events we are running, or merchandise we sell. You can opt-out if you don’t want to receive this information.
You may reset your device’s Advertising Identifier, which will result in your device being disassociated from ad targeting profiles based on the Advertising Identifier in effect prior to reset. You can do this by clicking on Settings -> Privacy -> Advertising -> Reset Advertising Identifier.
You can reset your advertising ID by clicking the menu icon to display the apps list, then find and select the Google Settings icon, then find and select "Ads" and selecting "Reset advertising ID".
Ways to opt-out of our Services:
• If we send you an email, there will be an unsubscribe link;
• If we post updates via Facebook you can 'unlike' our page and you will no longer get updates;
• If you receive one of our 'tweets' you can stop following us on Twitter; or
• If we use another type of social media you can opt-out using that service.
• To delete all data we have of you, go to the settings page on our app, or email email@example.com
2.5 Storage, Security & Data Retention
We store information on servers with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
AHQS uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. Because of the limitations of our systems, we do not have standardised retention policies. We try to delete or deidentify data when we no longer require it or the user requests it. We are working towards building new systems that allows us to better manage retention timeframes.
2.6 Access, Correction & Deletion
You may request access to your personal information at any time by sending a written request to our Privacy Officer via our contact form.
If your information changes, let us know so that we can update our records. If you would like us to de-activate your records that we hold, please tell us. Once de-activated your data will not be accessible. Please note data deletion requests can take up to 30 days for residents of the EEA (European Economic Area).
How to Reach Our Data Protection Officer?
To contact our Data Protection Officer regarding our processing of your personal data, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any concerns or complaints about your privacy please contact us by:
1. Submitting a request through the in game support
2. Sending a written request to our Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com
Our Privacy Officer will respond to your complaint within a reasonable time after we receive it, provided you supply return contact details. If you do not provide return contact details, we will be unable to respond to your complaint, although we will consider its content.
4. Updates to this Policy
A unique ID that is generated for your device to track activity by advertising companies to improve their service in game. This is also known as Interest Based Advertising. You may be able to opt-out of this feature on some platforms. You may also be able to reset your advertising ID on your device.
Interpretation and interpolation of unidentified data to predict and isolate trends relating to game play and app use.
An in-game system that allows exchanging real money for virtual goods or in-game currency.
IP Address (Internet Protocol Address)
A unique string of numbers separated by full stops or commas that identifies each computer using the Internet Protocol to communicate over a network. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks.
Al Haramain Qur’an Schools AHQS ("us")
Al Haramain Qur’an Schools© and its parent company its assignees, licensees, successors in title and subsidiaries.
Services offered by us and includes our games, websites and related services.
An online business presence for sales. We work with Apple's App Store, Google Play and Amazon Appstore storefronts as our primary storefronts for sales but our games are also available on Windows Store, Xbox Marketplace and many others.
Terms of Service
Rules and conduct standards that are defined that one must comply with to use the service.
Third Party Services
Services provided by a provider that is not owned or controlled by AHQS.
AHQS is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What information we collect
• In general you can visit this site without telling us information about yourself.
• When you register online, contact us, or interact with us in any other way, we may sometimes receive personal information about you, such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number.
• In certain instances, we collect and use your personal information by relying on the legitimate interest legal basis. This is because when you, for example, request to receive services from us, we have a legitimate organisational interest to use your personal information to respond to you and there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information for this purpose.
• In most instances, however, we will rely on obtaining your consent to our use of your personal information. This is the case, for example, where we seek to obtain your consent to receive email marketing.
• In all cases, we balance our legitimate interests against your rights as an individual and make sure we only use personal information in a way or for a purpose that you would reasonably expect in accordance with this Policy and that does not intrude on your privacy or previously expressed marketing preferences.
• Email/SMS marketing: If you actively provide your consent to us along with your email address and/or mobile phone number, we may contact you for marketing purposes by email or text message. By opting in, you grant us the right to contact you for marketing purposes.
• Post/Telephone marketing: If you have provided us with your postal address or telephone number we may send you direct mail or telephone you about our work unless you have told us that you would prefer not to receive such information.
How is information is used?
• We use your personal information to give you the information, support, services, or products you ask for.
• We use your information to gain a full understanding of your situation so we can develop and offer you the best possible personalised services.
• We use your information for internal administrative purposes (such as our accounting and records), and to let you know about changes to our services or policies or to ask you for feedback.
• We may use your information to send you relevant communications about our work or projects/ campaigns by our partner organisations. Content will be related to the context of your consent. You can update your communications preferences at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Opt-out' in the subject line.
• We use your personal information to look into, and respond to, complaints, legal claims or similar issues.
• Some non-personally identifiable information may also be used for the following purposes
1. Marketing statistical analysis
2. Customer admin and support
3. Technical admin
Keeping your information up to date
The accuracy of your personal information is important to us. You can update your details at any time. If you would like to change your preferences or update the details we hold about you, please email email@example.com or write to Data Protection Officer, Al Haramain Schools, 138 Whitechapel Road, London E1 1JE.
Who is information shared with?
We will never sell or swap your personal information records with any third parties.
We may from time to time supply you with information from partner organisations in accordance with your consent, but we will not share your personal information with them. If you have opted in, you can expect to receive Islamic related content from:
• Islamic Charities
• Islamic Retailers
• Islamic Banking & Financial Institutions
There may be instances where we are under a legal duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies), or in order to enforce or apply our rights (including in relation to our website or other applicable terms and conditions) or to protect us, for example in cases of suspected fraud or defamation. We require third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we will make sure that appropriate controls are in place.
Third party websites
This website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by AHQS. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
We use information derived from cookies in order to:
• Compile statistics on how our website is being used, which can help us to improve our website and online services.
• Facilitate users' ability to navigate through the website.
• Ascertain whether the website is operating effectively.
• Personalise and improve the service we offer you by understanding your preferences and establishing which areas of the website are most relevant to you.
Third party cookies: We also use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisement about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Managing cookies: In your web browser you can control which types of cookies you allow. You can turn cookies on or off using your browser's settings. You can also delete cookies and clear your browser's cache (history).
If you're under 16 years of age
If you're aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information on the website.
Your right to Personal Information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You also have the right to request us to erase your personal information, request us to restrict our processing of your personal information or to object to our processing of your personal information.
Please address subject access requests to the Data Protection Officer, Al Haramain Qur’an Schools, 138 Whitechapel Road, London E1 1JE. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records.
Where you have provided your consent for our use of your personal information, you always have a right to withdraw your consent at any time.
It is always your choice as to whether you want to receive information about our work and the ways you can get involved. If you do not want us to use your personal information in these ways, please indicate your preferences on the web form on which we collect your personal information.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted by us for such purposes. However, we may retain your details on suppression lists to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you if you opt-out.
You can opt-out of receiving direct information from us at any time. Simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Opt-out' in the subject line to let us know your updated communication preferences.
Changes to this policy